Anyone interested in promoting recovery by removing barriers and obstacles to recovery and serving as a personal guide and mentor for people seeking or already in recovery. Read about the crucial role of Recovery Coaches.
THE CCAR RECOVERY COACH ACADEMY©
The CCAR Recovery Coach Academy© is a 7-day intensive training academy focusing on providing individuals with the skills need to guide, mentor and support anyone who would like to enter into or sustain long-term recovery from an addiction to alcohol or other drugs. Provided in a retreat like environment, the CCAR Recovery Coach Academy© prepares participants by helping them to actively listen, ask really good questions, and discover and manage their own stuff.
CCAR Recovery Coach Academy© participants will:
- Describe Recovery Coach role and functions
- List the components, core values and guiding principles of recovery
- Build skills to enhance relationships
- Explore many dimensions of recovery and recovery coaching
- Discover attitudes about self disclosure and sharing your story
- Understand the stages of recovery
- Describe the stages of change and their applications
- Increase their awareness of culture, power and privilege
- Address ethical and boundaries issues
- Experience recovery wellness planning
- Practice newly acquired skills
CCAR RECOVERY COACH ACADEMY AGENDA
Each day of the Recovery Coach Academy© is set up so that participants gain the necessary skills and knowledge to be a Recovery Coach by using the principles behind adult learning theory which states:
- Adults are internally motivated and self-directed
- Adults bring life experiences and knowledge to learning experiences
- Adults are goal oriented
- Adults are relevancy oriented
- Adults are practical
- Adult learners like to be respected
BY DESIGNING THE ACADEMY IS MORE OF A RETREAT OR LEARNING COMMUNITY, EACH PARTICIPANT COMES AWAY WITH NOT ONLY THE NECESSARY SKILLS, BUT ARE FULLY EMPOWERED AND MOTIVATED.
The lessons taught in the CCAR Recovery Coach Academy© expand way beyond the role of recovery coach, as many graduates leave feeling a greater sense of self, solidifying their position as allies in the every changing recovery community.
Recognized nationally as the original and leading recovery offering of its kind, CCAR’s Recovery Coach Academy© is an innovative new approach to healing people’s lives that is unlike any other training. It offers participants the once-in-a-lifetime experience to gain new knowledge, be challenged, and reap valuable rewards, providing the essential learning, tools, and resources needed to become an effective recovery coach.
The CCAR mission and vision can be seen in everything we do, and our guiding principles are woven throughout the Recovery Coach Academy©, making it one of the most sought out recovery oriented training programs.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THE CCAR RECOVERY COACH ACADEMY?
“Anyone in the recovery field. The CCAR Recovery Coach Academy© is an innovative new approach to healing people’s lives that is unlike any other training. Utilizing a dynamic approach to learning that blends both process and content, the CCAR Recovery Coach Academy© offers a once-in-a-lifetime experience that has been referred to as “pure recovery genius”, If you’re ready to learn, be challenged, and reap valuable rewards for life, the CCAR Recovery Coach Academy© is a must for anyone in the recovery field.”